31 May 2021

Bear for The 215 Children


 I don't have the words today, but I'll find ones I think can get me by....

The @anishinabeknation has asked that we put our teddy bears out on the porch tonight and leave a light on to remember the #215 children found this week...

We need to do more, educate yourself my friends, no more shall "I didn't know about residential schools" get a pass. Ask the questions of your local MPs, donate much needed funds to Indigenous groups and charities and most importantly listen to the voices of those who have the stories to tell. Celebrate their triumphs, lift them up and get out of the way.

There is more to come, we must demand more of ourselves and we must make sure that true Reconciliation happens.

Thank you to @up_north_brewing for bringing this to our attention, my love to you and your family. I stand with you my brother.

Polk

No comments:

Post a Comment