17 May 2021

Phantom Time...

 


Things feel a little sideways as we hit 15 months(ish) into this timeline and Wellington Brewery Phantom Time American Pale Ale seems like the most appropriate pint to pour on the patio right now. Do we even know what day it is anymore? I'm either working or not working, every thing else is kinda blurry...I mean, I guess the days of the week exist, months pass and the year of 2020 seems to have been a full and actual thing that happened, but at this point, I'm sliding into every day with little or no idea what I'm supposed to do or think except for to survive and try and lift folks up a bit when I can. It's weird and after almost half a century on this planet, it's getting weirder. Peach, lemon and lime with pine and pith on the back, this is a fine and dandy splash in the glass as the sun sets and whatever day this was ends and the promise of some kind of tomorrow sits on deck with whatever we feel we need to do to get by happening around us shines a light in our general direction. Rumination upon the information gives way to confirmation that we can only do what we can and being kind to those we encounter is a good place to start. Stay safe my friends, drink what you like and remember that history is being made, be part of it that will make you proud to talk about as the decades fall around us...

Cheers! 4.3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment