23 May 2021

S'up Fuckers

 


S'up Fuckers, how's it going?

Gotta say, it's been a week of turmoil and change, voices raised and anger shown. Old Polk ain't always easy, he's nearly hit five decades and let's face it, copious amounts of malted barley and other assorted fermented things have taken their toll.

Why do I always think doing more, posting more, drinking more and generally being a big drunken hobo online means anything to anyone? Something I contemplate a lot, albeit 4 beers deep and slow sipping a fifth in one of the prettiest places on earth...

But I know this.

Be kind, because you don't know the battle other folks are going through.

Be better, because you're good too, and the people you love deserve the love you have to give.

Be more, because you have the capacity to do just that.

Step up, stand up and be counted, call out the things that aren't okay, be the voice for the voiceless and the one for the none.

It's not supposed to be easy, but if we all stand together, we can lean on each other when we need to and hold one another up.

You know when you think things are okay? Look around and see if that's true for everyone...because it's not and until we can all stand tall together, we need to lean hard into the work that needs to be done.

Too many folks think it's only beer, for me after all this time, I'll tell you that it is more than just "only beer" and I'll proclaim that from every roof top and insta story I can...I don't owe one mother fucker one moment of who I am...seriously. I work 60 plus hours a week, talking about beer is my happy place and my chance to make a positive difference in the world.... But if drinkin' sexist or shitty beer is super important to ya then I'm not going to waste a moment on your sad ass. I could walk away from all this tomorrow and still keep being me...I doubt a bunch of those easily offended conservative folks could. When I leave, you won't know because I'll just leave, no big sad "oh my lord I'm outta here" post

But I'm not going anywhere soon, too many fuckers to piss off and too many great folks to give props to...

But the end of all this, the reward for your patience with my ramblings is that I have infinite love...

Polk

No comments:

Post a Comment