31 May 2021

Life happens...

  


Beer goes on.

But life is way more than just pints.

Life happens writ large in moments of triumph and sorrow.

Life happens in the quiet margins of despair and contentment.

Life happens...

This week has been incredibly revealing for this country, so many people who lived lives in the darkness of the true history of what continues to be a tragic story of colonialism and genocide have woken up to see that all is not well in Canada, despite a lifetime of education that teaches otherwise. We are at a junction in the story of this place we call home where we, the people, can help change the narrative and direction of where we go next.

It's gonna be hard, because the whole story of the schools hasn't been uncovered yet and that is going to stretch even the most ardent defender of the church and state to come up with any sort of excuse or explaination. The click is ticking louder each day...

Anyway, I drank a couple of these tonight because writing about beer and life helps keep me sane, a task I am often chasing with equal parts devotion and hope that tomorrow will be a better day. 

I struggle some days with who I am and what I do, but in the end, I pour a pint, find some words and go on.

Collective Arts Brewing Toronto location has become a big part of this life, I must say the 8.9% High Vibration DIPA delivered happiness in a dark time today. Papaya, pineapple, mango and grapefruit with a smooth body and a solid bitterness with lingering tropical citrus made for an excellent mind opener and soother. Stories on this app are temporary, posts are on display forever if ya leave em, so this stream of consciousness may seem weird or odd to some folks, but if you know me, you know that this is who I am...Cheers! 4.4/5

Post Script : I wasn't sure I wanted to post this today, the heavy lifting my indigenous friends are doing every hour weighs in my mind. But I have always used the beer as a vehicle to have discussions and truths that need to be told, so here we are. I know some folks don't feel like they can post about what's happening, I know some folks don't care and I know some just don't see how they can help. Every moment you share, every message you send, every story and post helps...

No comments:

Post a Comment