26 April 2021

Through the Glass

 


I was only gonna have one beer tonight, still a little worn out from the whole weekend thing getting my vax on and all that jazz. Feelin' good, just a little tired but I'm also feelin' that anger at what's going on around us and am trying to distract myself with a little beer and writing before calling it a night. 

  When I saw this one from Badlands Brewing lurking in the fridge, it seemed a necessary part of the day. Through the Glass is a solid damn IPA that rolls in at 6.5%, and brings notes of peach, mango and orange in copious amounts. Softly bitter and smooth AF, it's a beauty. That name got me though, that grabbed my eye and mind and didn't let go. I mean, we are way past the looking glass portion of this trip down the rabbit hole and with a long road ahead, some folks are cracking at the seams. I'm not talking but those Covidiots who March against masks or think it's some kind of conspiracy, they've got so many problems, I don't think anything helps them see the truth. I'm talking about you and me, the ones who've done as asked, hell, who've done more and listened to the science and the doctors and continue to do it even when we can feel that breaking us in many ways. We want to protect the ones we love and we want to come out the other side of this, not normal again, but maybe ready to embrace a new and better world where we try and address the inequalities we've seen magnified in the last 14 months.

  I don't know where I'm going with this, but I just wanted you to know you're not alone, you're gonna make it and we are gonna fill those taprooms and patios again someday. Stay safe, stay sane and take care of yourself too. Mental health is important and I know you're feeling that weight. Lean on someone you love, don't keep it all inside, people love you. Polk loves you.

Stay strong.

Polk

No comments:

Post a Comment