15 April 2021

Polk on Polk

 


There is no madness here, only truth.

Am I sane or am I Memorex? Is this a replay, albeit with a different outcome and characters, so perhaps a reboot? Honestly, I'm exhausted, I get it, we are all just fuckin' done with this. But we cant let up, we can't stop doing the right thing, even if our leaders have abdicated common sense and science. Is this disjointed? It feels like it, but to be honest, I'm headed back to work tomorrow amidst higher case counts, rampant variants that render the conventional masks mute and a populace broken by more than a year of trying so fucking hard. I see a lot of things, I watch, it's what I've always done, looking at the world with a jaded eye and never really investing more than I have to, but right fuckin' now, we gotta get it together, we gotta take care of each other and step up to injustice, to inequality, to the system that has been checked and found wanting. I don't have the answers, I'm at best a drunk and at worst an old drunk. But I know you gotta be kind and we gotta change the way the world works because this isn't what we want our legacy to be. Am I wandering around my mind out loud? Probably, but the moments of clarity come when they may, tomorrow could find me face to face with my own mortality and the chances I can contract the virus goes up with every shift I work. Do I drink too much beer? Who's asking? Me, I'm good with me. Be better than your nature tells you to be, the goal is to make more room at the table, not build a bigger wall. I hope and wish you have a better tomorrow, I really hope you stay safe and we can see each other on the other side of this piece of human history. 

I appreciate the folks who reach out, even when I don't know what to say, I see your comments, messages and I take em to heart. We are all in the same storm, albeit in different boats and circumstances and if we can all pull in the same damn direction, we can make a fuckin' difference. If you stayed til the end, Polk loves ya and sees ya, knows ya and hopes life gets better from here on out for ya.


Polk.

No comments:

Post a Comment