21 April 2021

Wednesday Polk

 


They've always told me I need to believe in something...I do believe I'll have another damn beer.

Nickel Brook Brewing Headstock IPA pours tonight. The best there is, was and will be. West Coast, writ Ontario, legendary and somehow everywhere...

Life is real and on the edge right now, I'm feeling that tonight, leaning into an old favourite because I seek comfort in the storm. Around me rages a pandemic, into its midst I head every workday, perhaps double masked but is that enough against the absolute unknown? We ponder mortality in a daily basis out here where I live, wondering if today is the day it all goes fuckin' sideways. We don't know, and while some folks may be quick to judge our 4th pint on a Wednesday night, they are absolutely not getting down and dirty and up close and personal with other humans tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow...Be kind and better to your fellow humans, we are just trying to get by and make it through another day. The tears shed in private, the sheer desperation and prayers to inconvenient gods to keep us safe mean little.in a world filled with algorithm posts at 9:35 a.m. because the Insta-computrom said to do it.

Everytime they say "I'm not an influencer" their influencer rank goes.up 12 points...keep it real, or don't...because at the end of the day, it's just fuckin' beer and we are all trying to keep that two beer buzz going.

  I've been there, I was there at the beginning I'm here now and I'll be there at the end...I'm still just a drunk, but with staying power.

Cheers! 5/5

Polk

No comments:

Post a Comment