25 April 2021

Beer in hand...

 


There's a time and a place for a beer.

And it's right now and in my hand.


I hope you have a good week ahead, I truly do. I know it isn't always easy, hell I go down a dark path myself every so often because it's often easier to feed that beast than embrace the little happiness we find in each day.

 It has been a hell of a year+, to be honest the last 9 years have been an incredible climb up and out of a place I found myself in. Working on my own mental health isn't a final endgame, it is a continual process of stumbling, falling and getting back up again. Failure happens, darkness happens but life does indeed find a way. The ability to write about whatever is on my mind because I drink a beer has become a great part of my own process and I enjoy stepping away from it when I'm done and leaving it to  sit and ferment while I ponder the next step. I look back and see things I know came from anger and then find ones of pure love. It's all part of the daily grind of being a human, we keep trying to be better each time we get out of bed. Be good to the folks around you when you can, be kind to yourself always and may your two beer buzz be the feeling you keep with you when you need it most. Stay safe out there and let's get to the other side of this with a little panache.

Polk

No comments:

Post a Comment