- Special Pale Ale (4.5%) -Wellington Brewery - A little hoppy, but great malt and accessible.
Get some red love in your life. Sweeter with almost no bitterness.
- Grindstone (4.8%) - Broadhead Brewing - A slight bitter to go with the sweet.
- Amber (4.25%) - Hockley Valley Brewing - Smooth and clean. Easy drinking.
Get your hops on without getting crazy drunk. Bitter, piney and citrus coming at you.
- Red Racer ISA (4%) - Central City - Light and fruity with citrus and malt back.
- Genius of Suburbia (3.8%) - Flying Monkeys Brewery - Piney. Strong citrus up front. Drinks bigger than it is.
- Detour (4.3%) - Muskoka Brewing - Fruity and hoppy.
- State of Mind (4.4%) - Collective Arts - Citrus, resin and pine. Dry Finish.
Blondes do have more fun if you like a little orange and lemon in your brews.
- 100 (4.2%) - Hockley Valley Brewing - Hints of lemon. Light and crisp.
- Cause & Effect (4.7%) - Nickel Brook Brewing - A little hoppy with a clean citrus flavour.
- Saint of Circumstance (4.7%) - Collective Arts Brewing - Cloudy. lemon and orange with some zing.
Grab Bag of Styles
Three more that are low ABV and give you some different options.
- Newcastle Brown Ale (4.7%) - John Smiths - English. Nutty, lightly malted
- French Press Vanilla Stout (4.8%) - Double Trouble Brewing - Chocolate, vanilla, coffee. Tastes bigger than it is.
- Steamwhistle (5%) - Steamwhistle Brewing - Pilsner. Grassy and floral. Crisp and clean tasting.
There you have it. I think having some different beers for the night makes it a little more fun. I rarely drink two of the same brew when I watch the game because I really like to experience a bunch of flavours and it helps me to slow down a bit so I can actually be coherent and enjoy the spectacle. So plan ahead, get something you haven't had before and try to give your guests something out of the ordinary.
As always, please don't drink and drive and be sure to have options for your friends to stay over or take a cab home. No one wants to be remembered for being a jackass and driving while intoxicated is probably the stupidest thing you can do. Stay safe and enjoy the party.