30 June 2021

Wednesday Night....

 


It's Wednesday.

It's beautiful out here.

How you doin'?

I've poured another pint, just one more to soothe the day, one more chance to let go of what was and embrace what may be. To say it's about the styles and flavour notes isn't wrong, but without that ABV, would we care so much about our beer...would we? 

I don't know, I've tried some solid non-alcoholic brews, but at the end of the day, at the very end of every work day to be sure, I would like a little oomph for my dollar. I know it's not kosher to talk about that two beer+ buzz, but beer is beer and that's what it does. I'm not talking about getting shitfaced...not that we all don't get a little deep into our cups from time to time,...let's not kid ourselves. But I know it's more performative here, to maybe paper over that part of beer drinkin', but hey, I'm not the Hobo King because I pretend we don't like how beer makes is feel. I'm not advocating for getting sloshed all the time, but we like the buzz, don't we?

I think about this sometimes, let's be honest, I'm not the only one who likes a couple, three beers every night....but I'm the only one who'll own it...or not, maybe I'm just a drunk who should put his phone down and get on with livin'...be nice to each other and be kind to yourself, life isn't much more than doing the best we can with what we got.

Funny enough, I've poured another beer writing this because I wanted one and at the end of the day, that doesn't hurt anyone and I enjoy it, so why the fuck not, eh?


Polk


No comments:

Post a Comment