15 September 2016

Life is Better with Craft Beer


 
 
Raise your glass and join me for a pint.
Every day is one that I know will end with at least one new beer and therefore, another Instagram story. I have been posting at least once a day since January 1st this year and have described over 700 beers or events that I have encountered. That's a lot of words, somewhere over 200,000 when you get into the blogs and while I've never been known to keep it short and sweet, this surprised even me. I am sure others have written more and investigated deeper about craft beer, but my open and honest style and what that has done for me is nothing short of a miracle.
If you've been following all along, then you already know that I use my life, past and present, in my work and that is not always the easiest thing to do. So many people keep their emotions inside and are afraid to let go. I was there and I discovered that by opening my life to the world through beer, I changed it forever.
Tabernac in Quebec City 2016
I've met some amazing people through Craft Beer as well and am always ready to go out and meet more any time someone wants to raise a pint with me. New experiences and people keep entering my life and it's only getting better.
Nothing could have prepared me for total strangers wanting to share a beer with me or meet up and become real life friends. I didn't start anything with that intention, I just liked writing about what I was tasting with a little of what I was doing at the time. I am actually quite introverted and it can be difficult to force myself into new and different situations; But with Craft Beer, I seem to have found a way to talk to and engage people I don't know. It gives us a common ground from which to work and we always seem to find a whole lot more alike when we meet up and order a flight of beer. I am certain it is the way I have chosen to share my life that encourages people to reach out and I want that to continue as well. I want to hear your stories, your journey and be part of your narrative. I want to do these things because it has made everything so much brighter in my life and the more people I can add to my circle, the clearer I can see.
I am an emotional guy. I react with my gut and go with my intuition about things. I have yet to meet someone from my online life who didn't live up to their digital persona. I'm sure not everyone who drinks craft beer is nice or personable, but the people who I have had the pleasure of meeting have been singularly spectacular. Open and caring, they continue to amaze me with their generosity in bringing me beer to try and spending time sharing our life stories over a pint makes my heart sing.
Some people have reacted negatively online to my openness. I pay them no mind, they seek to bring people down to their level and I encourage everyone to aspire to be better. Fly above those who do nothing but criticize and eventually they no longer can be seen or heard because you have left them behind to wallow in their own self loathing and sadness. I don't understand that type of person because why wouldn't you want to be a positive force when the world needs it so much.
I tend to write about the good and seek to stay that way. I veer a little evangelical now and then in my praise of Craft beer and I am okay with that. What it has brought to me is beyond my capacity to repay with my words or pictures. Every experience I have is born out of a desire to find a new beer, a story or to meet a new friend. Seek and you shall find is how I begin every day. The truth in my life found waiting for me when I opened myself up to it. 
Nights like this are not to be missed.
I am constantly pushing people to get out and explore their communities through their local breweries. I want to not only share my tale but read and see yours. It makes me happy when people chronicle enjoying an event or trying a new beer that catches their fancy. The breweries themselves are constantly coming up with fun things (think Yoga, running clubs, paint and a pint) to do either at the actual destination or throughout the town. This kind of involvement in local events is how they grow organically and cultivate the good will of not only the people who are already fans but those who didn't even know they existed. Every day someone tries a craft beer for the first time and if we can associate that experience with a great memory, it reinforces my notion that better beer can make a difference if people will only try it.
Today I write because I can't imagine not doing it. Either here or in my personal blog (Needs to be Said), Instagram, Facebook or Twitter, I always try to bring you something to think about in a positive and happy way. I want to continue this journey and hope to keep meeting those who travel this road that meets at the corner of Hops and Barley.
Raise your glass and your standards, one beer at a time.
Come by and say hello if you see me out and about, we can sit down and share a pint and a story.
Cheers!
Time for a new adventure


No comments:

Post a Comment