22 September 2020

Collective Arts Brewing Surround Sound V.7 and nostalgia

 

  I don't know man, maybe we just take a day tomorrow.

Funny, but I like to give myself hope that I just might take that personal day someday and never go back...

It's got nothing to do with what I do for a living, we all gotta get by and by all accounts I've got it pretty decent for a guy who dropped out of school in 1990 to do whatever I thought was so much better back then. Hint, it involves booze, drugs and rock and roll minus the rock and roll. But I got the house and all that jazz, made decent by some lucky breaks and a whole lotta 80 hour work weeks and here we are. 20 year old me would be pretty stoked to be hanging out down here with a full beer fridge and a liquor cabinet that bulges with excess, not to mention that weed is legal so we can pretty much live like I did all those years ago with impunity. But even while I wax nostalgic watching old flicks and finding videos on YouTube I used to have to hope to see on Friday Night Videos on NBC or Sunday on the CHUM Countdown, it all seems a little more than just a trip down memory lane. It's an escape, a refuge in a world gone mad and forced to quarantine to survive. 

Like having a couple of Pints in the middle of a 6 day, 70+ hour workweek...

Anyway, thanks for that, sometimes all it takes is the chance to write it out, let it go and wake up tomorrow feeling fine.

@collectivebrew Surround Sound Version 7 with Lotus and Mosaic came out mid July and I just had grab a few more cans when I stopped by today to see how it has held up over the summer. It still hits that vanilla, pineapple, berry and dank pine. Cheers! 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment