9 August 2021

6000 posts later...still here

 


We still out here...

6000.

That seems like a lot.

Is it though?

There is almost a decade of my life where there are no photos of me in existence. I was absent from the kind of life where people took your picture, save a mug shot...or an errant background capture at the family Christmas party where you showed up because you needed something to keep you going...life isn't always pretty, I've lived ugly for a lot of years...the scars are deep but they push up sometimes....that's why we have beer. Joke or not, a couple, three beers is an okay time to let the past go and the ache of what was lost goes away for a little while. I get maudlin sometimes, but I like where I have come to, where I've overcome and where I may go, I'm not done yet, but sweet jebus I like a few pints to take the edge off and I know that's not exactly the message in the echo chamber of beer instagram that's kosher or acceptable...but here I still am, intact, pouring another pint and telling y'all I love ya because I've seen the bottom, clawed my way back up and I'm here for anyone who needs a hand up or a shoulder to lean on. I don't know, I'm just a regular dude, maybe a little more into beer than someone should be but at my heart I'm a blue collar, simple man who just wants some love to find its place in the world and the emptiness to stop feeling so vast...thank you for all the indulgence you've given me, I'm trying to earn every moment you deem me worthy of having...

Polk


No comments:

Post a Comment