27 December 2016

Guest Post : Mrs. Polkaroo's Favourite Craft Brewery







When I was asked to write about why I love Muddy York so much I must admit, I was not really sure how I was going to put it into words. My first experience was in March when Rob and I were on our Polkapalooza trip. We walked into Muddy York and were immediately greeted by Jeff. He was busy brewing beer at the time and we could see he had a lot on his plate but he was so kind and put everything aside to talk with us.  After the usual "How is your day?" and "How did you hear about us?", he was kind enough to take us on a tour of his new brewery. He was just so proud of his business and was happy to share that passion with everyone who walked in the door.  That was my first real experience into the craft beer world.  After about half an hour, Rob and I walked away with with some new brews to try, including  Gaslight Helles Lager which i fell in love with the moment I took my first sip. It was then that I was hooked.
 Knowing I could not get this delicious beer from the LCBO, I couldn't wait to take a journey back to Toronto to get more. In June, Rob won tickets to the Toronto Brew Cruise and was thrilled when I heard that Muddy York would be onboard.  It was then that I got to meet his lovely wife, designer and partner in all things Susan. She was so happy and also took the time to chat. I found myself going back again and again as I got to try my now favorite Muddy York Porter. So creamy and smooth it was a huge hit with me! 
 I knew we had to trek out to Toronto again so I could stock my fridge with this delicious treat.  As soon as we walked in the door, we noticed a difference as they had opened up more of the space so they can brew more delicious beer.  Of course we were greeted with smiles and they took the time to chat with us, not only about beer but life in general.  Jeff and Susan make you feel like a part of their extended family when you walk in the door.  I must admit, I get butterflies in my stomach every time we pull up outside the brewery because I am so excited to see their smiling faces and stock up on my favorite treats. I am also thrilled to have some Muddy York merchandise now.  My socks and hoodie are so comfortable and I always drink my beer out the the wonderfully designed glasses.  I don't share my Muddy York brews with just anyone (only a select few have made that list!) because I cherish them so much. I can't wait until I can get out there again (I believe my stock is getting low as we speak).  If you have the chance to get to Toronto, Muddy York is a definate place to stop.  Cheers beer friends. Until next time!

Kathryn (aka Mrs Polkaroo)

No comments:

Post a Comment