3 March 2017

Day 4 Route Polkapolooza 2 (Electric Polkaloo)

  As dawn breaks on Day 4 of Polkapolooza 2, we will head home but on the way make some stops to help spread the love we have for our Ontario Craft Brewers. Making our way around the bay to Collingwood and three more fantastic stops. Perhaps as a brunch, we will return to Northwinds Brewery and the exciting news about their expansion this year.
A little up the road and we will find Canadian Brewery of the year, Side Launch Brewing and their huge facility. A stop we missed last time we visited will not be forgotten as I can finally cross The Collingwood Brewery off my bucket list as we will enjoy visiting with new friends before we turn our attention south and the ride home.

  Making our way down Highway 6 will bring us to Hanover and legendary Ontario brewer Charles MacLean's eponymous brewery. Classic and dedicated to the craft, this one is a must stop for myself because of all he has done to raise the profile of brewing in this province.
Just a hop away will be my first visit to Neustadt Springs Brewery and another example of how if you let yourself go off the beaten path a little and explore, you'll find new and wonderful things. This will lead us to our afternoon snack time when we stop in at the beautiful downtown location of the Elora Brewing Company. A place I visited once last year, I know Kat will love their space, not to mention the beers.

  Guelph has long been a favourite haunt of the Polkaroo's and we wouldn't think of missing stops at Wellington Brewery, Stone Hammer Brewing and of course, our good friends at Royal City Brewing before we make a quick stop at home to get ready for the big finale of this amazing day spent exploring so many exciting places in Ontario.


 












The eve of my actual birthday will be spent with the people I love the most. My mom and dad are taking Kat and I to Bell City brewing in Brantford so that we can all have fun at their Paint Night. As a family, we all love the people and beer that Bell City puts out and if you follow along on my YouTube channel, you will know the story of their kindness in helping my mom surprise me at Christmas time. A great way to end this whirlwind day and prepare for my 44th birthday.

  Day 4 is probably as tough to complete as Day 2 was, but if not for the effort and dogged determination of the Get Polk'd Ontario philosophy I might shy away from this ambitious undertaking. Let's have some fun because when I awake on Thursday March 16th, it will be my birthday and you know we have another set of great Ontario Craft brewers to visit...more on that tomorrow.

Raise your Glass and your Standards,
One Beer at a time.

Cheers!

Polk


 

No comments:

Post a Comment